Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sharing stickers

Today Gabe received a letter in the mail from Grandpa Rollmann, and it contained STICKERS! It asked him to guess the number of stickers inside the envelope before opening it, and Gabe guessed: "Three?" After opening it and counting, there were ten according to Gabe. He proceeded to share a sticker or two with everyone in the house. Mommy got one on her hand while she was cooking supper. Daddy was offered one. With lots of activity going on in the house, imagine the surprise when Gabe announced, "Mommy, I stickered Quinn." I looked over, and sure enough...there was a blue smiling sticker on Quinn's little hand, too. Phew, that could have been a lot worse!

GABE-ISMS OF THE WEEK:
I was sitting beside Gabe on the couch, when he leaned over and excitedly proclaimed, "Mom, I am crowning you the Queen of Awful!" as he placed a toy on my head.

IT'S NOT JUST MOMMIES THAT HAVE AUTOPILOT BRAIN: Today we were heading out the door to take Zoe to her annual vet exam. I asked Gabe to get his shoes on, and when I turned my head I saw him pulling down his pants. He sheepishly looked at me and shook his head, and embarrassed-- explained, "oops...that's not what I'm doing right now...." and then quickly pulled up his pants and grabbed his shoes. At least he was being obedient, even if he was doing the wrong task altogether.

No comments: