Thursday, December 20, 2012

May you find a Light.

 
 
My world is covered in snow.
It is glorious.
The snow makes the dead decay of winter
look clean again.
Pure.
 
Had a little extra time today,
to sit at the feet of Jesus.
I got up from my place there,
grabbed the dog from off the bed.
And felt a prompting for me to sit right back down.
That He had more for me.
And did He ever.
My soul, full up.
My soul feels like the whitewash outside my window.
A blizzard of new,
pure joy.
 
Friend, I wish I could take your hand,
and touch it to this place.
Where the soul finds peace.
Where fear is gone.
Nothing but hope abounds.
 
The talk today is of the Mayan calendar,
and prediction of the world's end.
The chatter, the talk, the superstition...
It reminds.
That we all have this gaping hole
in our soul.
That longs to be filled.
We wonder about the end of the world,
We wonder about the start of the world.
It is too big for us to grasp.
We push heads hard into entertaining our
minds to death.
Stare at screens.
The empty in our soul
cries out for us to hear.
 
May you find the Light.
 
May you drink,
even just a sip,
from the well that Jesus is.
Living Water.
 
This Christmas,
may you find the Light
to guide you home...
 
"I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together."
~from Psalm 34~
 


No comments: